- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Good to know
- Air-conditioned minivan or 4WD Fuel included
- Bottled water
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English speaking driver guide
- Local guide
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Tips and gratuities
- Entrance Fees
- See the archeological site of the Roman ruins inVolubilis dates to 3BC
- Visit the Morocco’s holiest cities in Moulay Idriss Zerhoun
- Explore the medina of Meknes the 4th imperial city and discover its beautiful gates
- Stroll the medina of Meknes and discover the Moroccan architecture
- Enjoy the beautiful gates of Meknes, BAB EL MANSOUR AND BAB LAKHMISS
- Enjoy the beautiful and the picturesque landscapes of the middle and high atlas mountains from fes
- The Itinerary of Day Trip to Meknes &Roman Ruins Volubilis
Discover one of the four imperial Moroccan cities and the remains of the former capital of the kingdom of Mauritania during a full day trip from Fez.
After a pick-up at your hotel in Fez, enjoy an easy transfer by air-conditioned vehicle to the Roman ruins of Volubilis. Explore the remains of the 2000-year-old complex. Continue to Moulay Idriss to discover one of the most sacred cities of Morocco. Take a tour of the narrow streets of the small town where Moulay Idriss I introduced the religion of Islam in 789 AD. Then transfer to the city of Meknes, founded in the eleventh century by the Almoravids as a military camp.
Enter the medina and discover some of the monumental gates of the city and ornamental decorations of Hispano-Moorish architecture. Visit the ramparts of the city and stop at the mausoleum of Moulay Ismail, founder of the Alawite dynasty and sultan of the time, while Meknes was the capital. Visit the Museum of Moroccan Art to see a wide variety of handicrafts. Before the afternoon, return to Fez.