- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Good to know
- Air-conditioned minivan or 4WD Fuel included
- Bottled water
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Professional driver/ Guide
- Local Mountain guide
- Camel ride
- Mint Tea or Coffee
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Tips and gratuities
- Imlil and Atlas Mountains day trip from Marrakech
- Ascend the Atlas foothills past Berber villages, walnut groves, and lush valleys
- Visit an argan oil co-operative and Berber market (Saturdays only)
- Guided 2- to 3-hour hike from Imlil to see waterfalls and Berber hamlets
- Traditional Berber lunch, plus mint tea and biscuits at a Berber family home (subject to availability)
- Optional camel ride by Moulay Ibrahim river
- Air-conditioned transport and hotel pickup and drop-off included
- The Itinerary of Day Trip to Imlil Valley and Berber Villages
Depart your Marrakech hotel by air-conditioned vehicle and travel south into the High Atlas Mountains to Imlil, a Berber village that’s the last hiking stop below Mt. Toubkal.
Follow twisting roads past lush valleys and terraced fields, and visit a women’s argan oil co-operative in the village of Tahnouat. Watch the workers making argan oil products and then ascend further to the village of Asni. If it’s a Saturday, stop to browse Asni’s traditional Berber market before continuing higher to Imlil, stopping for photos on route.
On arrival, enjoy a tea or coffee, and meet a local guide for your 2- to 3-hour trek. Walk through Berber hamlets, walnut orchards, and terraced fields; admire waterfalls and spectacular mountain panoramas; and hear about Berber culture and places of interest from your guide.
Break for a traditional Berber lunch and then continue to another Berber village, where, if possible on the day, you’ll visit a private family home for some refreshing mint tea or coffee with biscuits.
After leaving Imlil in the late afternoon, enjoy an optional camel ride by the River Moulay Ibrahim before finishing your tour with a drop-off at your Marrakech hotel.