- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Good to know
- Air-conditioned minivan or 4WD Fuel included
- Bottled water
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Professional art historian official guide
- Professional driver
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Tips and gratuities
- Entrance Fees
- Explore the oldest medina in the Arab world.
- Meet local artisans and visit Africa’s oldest tannery.
- Enjoy local specialties such as couscous or tagine.
- Visit Al Quaraouiyine, the oldest university in the world still in activity.
- Go for a guided tour of the medina, one of the largest fortified cities in the world.
- Explore the narrow streets lined with shops.
- Explore spices shops, cleverly woven Berber carpets and other Moroccan arts and crafts.
- The Itinerary of Day Trip to Fes Medina
Meet your driver and your licensed guide at your accommodation in fes, then start your explorative journey of Fes, first, you will head to Bab Boujloud, one of the ornate gates that welcome travelers to the medina; visit ancient buildings such as the Bou Inania Medersa, El Attarine (two renowned Koranic schools), as well as the University and the Karaouine Mosque. Admire the harmonious geometric details that adorn these magnificent buildings. Discover traditional craftsmanship at the Nejjarine Museum of Wood Arts and Crafts. Discover where craftsmen use techniques passed down from generation to generation to make tools, rugs, and furniture and musical instruments.
After a lunch break in one of the hundreds of exceptional restaurants in the medina (not included), head to one of the city's famous tanneries. Watch the workers from the belvedere and see how leather has been treated for centuries. Speak with a tanner and get a detailed overview of the different steps of the tanning process. You can even end up haggling for a bag or a new belt.
Exit the medina, where the royal palace is located, and take a walk in its large square lined with palm trees. Finish your visit with an excursion to the Bab Fettouh cemetery, where you will enjoy a panoramic view of the city, the hills and the huge sky.