- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Good to know
- Bottled water
- Professional driver/ Guide
- Helmet and goggles
- Professional Quad guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Quad Bike
- Air-conditioned minivan or 4WD Fuel included
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Tips and gratuities
- Quad bike tour of the desert palm groves outside Marrakech
- Explore the open desert terrain with an expert guide
- Admire ancient volcanic landscapes and ride through traditional Berber villages
- Enjoy a cup of Moroccan tea and a snack with a local family
- Choose a morning or afternoon tour
- Small-group tour limited to five ensures a more personalized experience
- The Itinerary of adventure Quad Bike Activity
Take an adventure into the desert as you traverse the beautiful arid landscape of the countryside outside Marrakech on the back of a 4WD quad bike. Best of all, this small group ride is limited to no more than five guests, ensuring personalized attention from your guide.
Start your day at either 8:45am (for the morning tour option) or 2pm (for the afternoon tour) with a pickup by minibus from your Marrakech hotel, keeping in mind that some properties in the Medina will require a short walk to your transport because they are not accessible by car. Then continue into the desert location for the start of your ride.
Meet your guide for the day and enjoy a short safety introduction, during which you’ll also get a lesson in proper handling of your quad bike (sometimes called an ATV). Then zip off into the dusty trails and sublime landscapes of this beautiful area. Follow your guide as they lead you towards the best routes, passing beautiful groves of palm trees, desiccated riverbeds and volcanic geology features called jbilets that formed over millions of years. As you ride, your guide will check in with all participants to make sure everyone is proceeding at a safe and enjoyable speed.
Proceed on your quad bike further into the desert, passing remote Berber villages and admiring the typical houses of the area, stopping to meet locals along the way. It’s a great chance to learn about this culture that retains many of the centuries-old customs and daily rituals of ancient desert life. Soon you’ll stop at the home of a local family for a snack and cup of Moroccan tea. Your guide will serve as translator as you gain new insight into the lives of this friendly and hospitable family.
Continue back through the starkly beautiful terrain on your ATV, eventually returning to the base camp where you began your ride. Finish the day with drop-off back at your Marrakech hotel.